The Cybertruck is already racking up a lot of curiosity two days after its big unveiling. Elon Musk tweeted on Wednesday, Tesla had received 250,000 deposits for the electric pickup truck, eventually rising to 300,000.
Tesla Introduces Three Truck Versions:
- Single motor rear-wheel drive with a range of 250 miles for $39,900.(Production Starts In The End of 2021)
- Dual motor all-wheel drive with a range of 300 miles for $49,900. (Production Starts In The End of 2021)
- Tri motor all-wheel drive with a range of 500 miles for $69,900. (Production Starts In The End of 2022)
The consumers who made a Cybertruck reservation will have to wait a while before the boxy pickup rolls into their driveways. It is clear on a global scale that electric vehicles known colloquially as EVs have reached a new level of recognition by the public.
The acceptance of this technology by Canadians was somewhat slower with all-electric vehicles accounting for 1.2% of deliveries in 2018, or around 46,000 units. Tesla has built several of its technologies into a common product with the Cybertruck.
The truck has the same alloy of stainless steel used at the other company of Musk, SpaceX. And it has lithium-ion batteries, self-driving software and hardware, and a solar roof alternative to help boost the range of the Cybertruck.
Advantage Of Cybertruck.
Tesla has five major advantages that will probably make a winner for the Cybertruck.
- Tesla has an extensive and robust charging network that allows the device owners to recharge easily.
- There are now more than 14,000 worldwide superchargers.
- Tesla has invested heavily in production and battery technology.
- The gigafactories are growing to reduce the ecological footprint of batteries by using more renewable energy, including solar power.
- As a result, Tesla is in a position to increase production and is likely to be able to keep its vehicle costs lower than rivals.
Tesla Cybertruck Design
Well we know it’s got a big, unfinished stainless steel body to begin with. Stainless steel looks cool, but could pose some challenges on the basis of attempts by other companies to make the vehicle work-namely DeLorean using the DMC-12.
The material is hard and corrosion resistant, but it is also hard to repair and impossible to paint. Elon Musk, says that the Cybertruck body is able to survive sledge hammers and small-arms fire.
The Cybertruck has a length of 231.7 inches, 79.8 inches, and a height of 75 inches, seats for six adults. With a 35-degree approach angle, 28 degree departure angle and up to 16 inches of ground clearance, off-road performance looks decent.