Microsoft Edge is based on Chromium and a open-source project that has a lot in common with Google Chrome. Now, Microsoft Edge can use the browser extensions available from the Chrome Web Store.
How To Download, Install And Set-up Microsoft Edge
- Visit Microsoft’s Edge web-page and select from the drop-down menu. The browser is available for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, macOS, iOS and Android.
- Click on the Download, Accept and download on the next screen and then click on the Close.
- Open the installation file in the Downloads folder and then open the installer screens to install Edge.
- Once installed, Edge will automatically start up. If you already have the Chrome browser, Edge will ask if you want to import your bookmarks, autofill data and history from Google’s browser, Firefox or start fresh. Click on the Allow to let Edge import your data.
- Next, choose the look of the browser: Inspirational, Informational or Focused and click on the Next.
- In the next screen, the browser will ask if you want to sync your data across devices. Tap the toggle for Yes or No and click on the Next.
- In the end, select Yes or No option depending on if you want Microsoft to personalize your browsing experience and then click on the Confirm.
How To Install Edge Extensions From The Microsoft Store
Once you’ve installed Edge, you can add extensions from the Microsoft Store.
Home » How To Download The New Microsoft Edge
- In the right-hand corner click on the three-dot menu and select Extensions.
- Click on the link to the Get extensions from Microsoft Store. You can search for a favorite extension or browse by category.
- Click on the extension you want, Click on the Get and then confirm you want to add the extension to Edge. You can also manage it on the extensions page.
How To Install Edge Extensions From The Chrome Web Store
To see the full range of extensions you’ll need to allow Edge to access the Chrome Web Store.
- Click on the three-dot menu up in the right-hand corner and select Extensions.
- Click on the Allow extensions from other stores in the bottom left corner, then select Allow.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and search for an extension.
- Once you select, Click on the Add to Chrome, then Add Extension and the store will add the extension to Edge. You can also manage it on the extensions page.